Celebrating online means getting creative with party games and ideas. Our previous article showed How To Host A Virtual Graduation Party and now we will show you how we adapted a well known game for a virtual graduation party. We took Heads Up and created Grads Up to be used at online celebrations for graduates. This guide includes simple steps used to create the game and play on a video chat tool. You can DIY this virtual graduation party game or get it in one of our kits or design services. Each step has a picture to show you how it works. We included our email list signup to get more virtual party ideas and designs at the end of this article!
1. Game Preparation
- Make a list of 5-10 words related to graduation or the graduate.
- Do not share the list with the graduate.
- Make a card with each word on it.
2. Game Instructions
- Tell the guests that the grad will put a card with a word in front of them.
- They will have 2 minutes to to give the grad clues.
- Split the guests into groups to give clues.
- Remind guests to un-mute during the game so they can give the grad clues related to the word on the card.
3. Playing The Game
- Have the grad hold a card up to their head.
- Set a timer for 2 minutes, while one group gives clues.
- If the grad does not guess the word, allow another group to try.
- Keep going until the grad guesses the word or all groups have had a chance.