Learn to host a virtual party to celebrate during social distancing or across the miles. Many of us may be struggling with the new reality, but it can be even harder for those who should be celebrating events that normally would be joyous. Weddings, pregnancy, new baby, graduation, engagements, and so many other events that used to share together can’t not take place. While there is no substitute for those types of events, we believe that a little creativity and technology can allow you to host a virtual party to celebrate online. We created this simple guide to help you share celebrations online with a virtual party. Aside from cancelled events during social distancing, this also works for intimate gatherings that you want to share with larger groups or loved ones across the miles. The end of this article includes some free designs and the opportunity to be emailed updates to this guide with more tips and designs.
1. Create a group page on Facebook for the virtual party
- Create your new group.
- Choose to keep it public or private.
- Pick a personalized party name for your group.
3. Share and invite guests to join the party group
- Get your group page link and invite people to join.
- Create or use a themed event invite to send or post.
- Use the “Invite by Email” link in your group to invite guests that are not on Facebook.
4. Create a celebration video or photo slide show to honor the person or event
- Collect photos and videos that documents the person or event.
- Use free photo or video apps and programs to create a meaningful video or slideshow. (TUTORIAL: COMING SOON)
- Minimum width is 600 pixels and it should be saved as an MP4 or MOV file.
5. Set up a watch party or video chat for your completed video or photo slideshow
- Set up the watch party in Facebook or use video chat software such as Facebook Messenger or Zoom .
- Post the link and instructions in your group.
- Send reminders to everyone who is invited .
6. During the virtual party, have guests interact in different ways
Right click this image to save and use or join our email list below for access to more templates.
- Start the celebration in the Facebook group.
- Post photos for people to comment on and allow them to share their own.
- Post games for them to play that are related to the event or celebration.
- Transition to the video part of the party with a link to video chat or a watch party.
- Add a Facebook live or video message after the party to thank guests for their participation
- If using a video chat during the party, make sure you record it and post it in the Facebook group.
7. Leave the group posts and videos up as keepsake and so those who could not attend can still celebrate!
We hope we that we inspire some of you to share your virtual celebrations and PARTY ON!Line
Get these designs and design guide emailed to you by signing up below: